Higgs Hunters Talk

Why some muons are missing?

• eisterman by eisterman

Why the Computer identificate a complete muon passage, but don't trace the relative trace on the graph?

Posted

• Whoandwhatitis by Whoandwhatitis moderator

According to @markbacovic in the discussion on http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/boards/BHH0000004/discussions/DHH00004sb:

I wouldn't mark that as "Something weird", personally, or even comment on it. The green tracks are added in by the computer (and can be useful in slice and zoom views where we don't see the indicator blocks), but if they are absent it doesn't mean much for the data as far as I know.

This means this may be ignored, because the lack of a green line in a case like this is generally uninteresting. But you're welcome to mark this in a way that is significant for you, or in such a way that others might also find it useful. It's definitely up to you!

I see a yellow block next to that muon, which usually indicates a photon, and I see that rarely. Looks like it may be opposite the jet of two particles. Interesting!

Posted

• Whoandwhatitis by Whoandwhatitis moderator

Another thing that is interesting, is that if you compare Slice view and Normal view, it looks like the second muon and the photon would be opposite the jet of two particles. And if this is the case, then the white line in Slice view which goes toward the left, leaves at a very #wideangle in reference to the muon / photon.

Posted