Higgs Hunters Talk

Where to find information on anatomy of image?

• MWPALMER by MWPALMER

Is there a good summary somewhere on the Higgs Hunters domain for the 'anatomy' of the diagrams? For example, what is the meaning of white shaded arcs, red radial bars on rim, green radial lines from the center, red dashed lines, density of tiny dots in rings, etc.?

Posted

• Marcuandy1981 by Marcuandy1981

I read in the forum, that the green lines, whit red bars on the outer circle are muons. The red dashed line is a particle undetected by the sensors (they can detect only the particles whit electrical charge) The red bars on the outer circle are the amount of energy detected. I hope I get it well 😃

Posted

• MWPALMER by MWPALMER

Thanks! I hope that #faq writers will eventually fill in some of the remaining issues. What would be nice is a simple image of a 'boring' collision, with pointers to the meaning of the various rings, features, diagnostics, etc. Maybe it exists already?

Posted

• Marcuandy1981 by Marcuandy1981

I didn”t see it, but you can write a suggestion to the q&a page.

Posted

• MWPALMER by MWPALMER

Good idea. I'll give them some time first, as it is looking like they are working things out. Meanwhile, I did find this: http://static.zooniverse.org/www.higgshunters.org/off-center-vertex.jpg. Not much, but at least a start.

Posted

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

thanks for the link MWPALMER...

Posted