Higgs Hunters Talk

Higgs Hunters website

• theStory by theStory

Is this project always working? I see not a lot of recent post and the the blog project is closed!
    are you always interested by search?

Posted

• mike-ds by mike-ds

The only active moderator that I have seen in the last year or so on this project, ElisabethB, is still answering questions (last one was 8 days ago), but you are right to be concerned when the blog page goes down - and stays down for quite some time now. Perhaps Elisabeth is on vacation. I still remain hopeful that this project will progress into something more useful. I asked a similar question 9 months ago, and got the answer:

"Hi, We're not quite done with the current dataset yet. We just need a final push. But don't worry, there are other datasets being prepared as we speak ! So, your current classifications are still very much appreciated and usefull !"

I am still looking for any signs that the combined effort of all the participants has been of some use in particle physics. So far there has been only one publication, and it is more a psychology study of how accurate the mouse-clicks are. It does not highlight any useful results regarding new/useful observations of the data, and that was what attracted people to this project in the first place.

• mike ds

Posted

• KennyArnoldJr by KennyArnoldJr

So, what's up? The blog's been down for months? What's the problem? Do they need somebody to maintain it? If so, I'll volunteer. I would like some feedback. I've sent messages a few times over the last year and have never gotten a response. I forgot my other password, so made this new account, but I won't keep doing the work on the site if it's not actually helping anything and no one is looking at it. Can we get an update on what's going on? The last thing posted on the Facebook page and Twitter was over a year ago. What's the deal?

Posted

• mike-ds by mike-ds

No idea what is happening with the site/project. I asked Elisabeth about the missing blog page some time back. She replied that she could see the blog page OK, but I saw from the URL she gave that this was the blog page for a different zooniverse project, not this one. I sent her another message about this but have heard nothing since, and of course the blog page has remained dead. It is rather sad that the project has been left to die slowly of neglect. There must have been plenty of people involved in the start up, and any one of them could have kept a watch, or just announced the official end of the project and thanks to all concerned. Mike DS

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I only got an answer back today but the good news is : the Higgs Hunters blog is back up !

What are you talking about ?

Thanks for your continuing support !

Posted