Higgs Hunters Talk

No acces to talk for 7 month now...

• leonie_van_vliet by leonie_van_vliet

LS
    As I really want to participate in this project and are able to classify. There is no solution yet to my ability accessing "talk!"
    Could someone please explain why this is not possible for me as I am Logged in obviously or I would not be able to send
    this "HELP" request.

It would be so appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Leonie_van_Vliet

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Leonie,

So, if I understand this right : You can classify on HH and you can post here on Talk. But when you click on 'Do you want to discuss this' after a classification nothing happens ? Or do you get an error message ?

E.

Posted

• Whoandwhatitis by Whoandwhatitis moderator in response to leonie_van_vliet's comment.

I see that the "Yes" button which appears after you classify an object has a URL of the form

http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/subjects/SUBJECTID

For my browser, I am redirected to the HTTPS version; this doesn't seem to make any difference for me - whether I follow one or the other.

I also notice that "readymade.yes" is contained in the file "main.ef0c2e.js", which is served when you access the Classify page. Are you allowing Javascript in your browser? Maybe this file is being blocked, cached, or is somehow defining an incorrect destination for the "Yes" link?

If you notice this issue for many projects, you may reach out to the Zooniverse Troubleshooting forum.

Alternatively, the HiggsHunters GitHub repository may also be a helpful resource for you. I did a few searches, but found no issue similar to yours. If you have the opportunity, it may be helpful for the developers if you could describe, replicate the issue, and mention the environment (OS information, screen resolution, web browser details/add-ons/settings) from which you're attempting to access the resource.

Posted

• leonie_van_vliet by leonie_van_vliet in response to Whoandwhatitis's comment.

Thank you so much for replying Whoandwhatitis,

First time since months on this project! "http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/subjects/SUBJECTID URL form after classifying clicking the "Yes" button is unknown to me as is "readymade.yes" in the file "main.ef0c2e.js"

Working with a "Mac Book Pro" I rather not allow Javascript in my browser, as I am very careful & use this computer restrictedly.
    Working on space related Zooniverse projects & some private e-mail... not being on social media.

I have tried "Zooniverse Troubleshooting" & " HiggsHunters GitHub repository" no luck!

Having no problem to start all over again could you or someone send me another option to participate again to my e-mail account?
    sporaki@caiway.net

I really love this project, even filled in the form HH send me, being fond of privacy that really says something.

Hoping to get a positive result...

Kind regards!

Leonie

Posted

• Whoandwhatitis by Whoandwhatitis moderator in response to leonie_van_vliet's comment.

JavaScript appears to be a requirement for this project to work in the browser.

For technical details and discussion, the GitHub page for the Higgs Hunters project may be the most useful.

I also set very restrictive policies in my browsers, and the amount of exceptions needed in my uBlock and uMatrix add-ons are minimal.
    To use the web services provided by the Higgs Hunters project and Zooniverse web applications, you may need to make the appropriate adjustments. The source code is available for review.

Here are the links shown at the bottom of the main page:

Posted

• leonie_van_vliet by leonie_van_vliet in response to Whoandwhatitis's comment.

Thank you Whoandwhatitis.

For replying & advice! The links you send might give me something to work whit. If it doesn't work I might go for a new entry.

Kind regards!

~Leonie

Posted