Higgs Hunters Talk

Not receiving any data....

• aChildofChaos by aChildofChaos

I just tried the project for the first time today and I'm not receiving any photos to scrutinize. Just a black box.

Is this a problem on my end or the servers end? I'll help in any way I can.

I'm very excited to start working on this project! I've been following news on the collider for a long time now and to actually work on a part of it makes me gitty as a school girl! Hehehe

-Chris L

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Hi Chris,

What browser are you using ? It is just that IE doesn't work well for Zooniverse projects. Try Firefox or Chrome.
    Hope this helps.

Posted

• jrfs by jrfs

Hi. I have noticed that sometimes i get sent data that no-one has seen before.....nice in principle, but in practice these data windows are all black - i presume this is an error....? I have tried going to the comments page, but that is, essentially, all white.
    I am sure I am not the first to be sent such 'data'.
    James

Posted

• jrfs by jrfs

I am using Chrome browser. i have three such today, first noticed it a few days ago.

Posted

• Whoandwhatitis by Whoandwhatitis moderator

Hello @jrfs,

It may be helpful to understand your environment and browser plug-ins:

1. OS Name, architecture and version
    2. Browser version
    3. Browser plug-in information

Typically, I notice problems when my add-ons/extensions are blocking content from specific domains. Running your browser without extensions (for testing) might help.

If you continue to experience problems, then perhaps the resources at Zooniverse on Github could help us with this issue.

Posted