Higgs Hunters Talk

Black screen

• Staceva by Staceva

Haven't been able to classify anything yet as I just get a large black box 😦 Using the latest Firefox (Win 7) and have cleared cookies, restarted the browser, logged in and out, disabled anything that could be blocking it etc. Any suggestions? Many thanks

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Could it be that you've seen all the available images ?

On another note, did you try another browser or another zooniverse project ? Just guessing here !

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

Hi thanks for your reply, have also tried Internet Explorer and Chrome without success. I haven't seen a single image yet, only started today, so can't have run out, but vaguely remember experiencing a similar issue with Moon Zoo a year or so ago. Other projects seem to be working ok so far...

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Weird, will try and get this problem higher up. 😄

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

Thank you 😃 Just found that Plankton Portal and the Milky Way project are giving me blank boxes too, all others seem fine. Weird!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @Staceva, that is very odd. You've done all of the things that we typically recommend that people do, so I really don't know what's going on here. 😦

I can tell the devs about this, but this is one of those extremely difficult cases where if we can't replicate a problem on our end, and if it's only being reported by one person, it's really hard to fix.

May I ask you to try one more thing, if at all possible? Is there another computer that you could try it on? I understand if that's not an option for you, but it's worth a shot. Thanks!!

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

Thanks DZM, I will try another computer as soon as possible and let you know.

Posted

• Staceva by Staceva

Have not had chance to try a different computer yet, but just to let you know it is working in Chrome today, but not in Firefox...very odd!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yes, odd! But it's great to know that you've got a way that it works!!

Posted