Higgs Hunters Talk

If an image is not OCV and not "weird"...

• bugman184 by bugman184

In the image-classification page, there are only two categories to mark images: Off-centre vertex, and "Something weird". What if it is neither of these two options? It is very common to find something that is not OCV and not weird.

The FAQ says "Not all pictures have OCVs. Just move on to the next picture", so I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

Thanks.

Posted

• Marcuandy1981 by Marcuandy1981

You just go to the next image, it's ok. 😃

Posted

• bugman184 by bugman184

So "Off center vertex" then, even if it's not an OCV...

Posted

• bugman184 by bugman184

Just to clarify - when the page loads, "Off center vertex" is marked by default. So just clicking OK will categorise it as OCV.

Posted

• Marcuandy1981 by Marcuandy1981

No, just click the OK button, if the image does not contains ocv or something weird.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @bugman184, what you're seeing as "OCV being marked by default" is actually that the marker is set to mark OCVs. You can switch between marking OCVs and "something weirds," but nothing on the image will actually be marked until you click on the image itself. When you classify, you don't just select from the two things on the right... you click on the image to show where they are.

If there's no OCV, just don't click anywhere on the image, and nothing will be marked.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions; thanks!

Posted