Higgs Hunters Talk

Missing Buttons in Windows 7 & Shrome

• tinkapuppy by tinkapuppy

Hi! I've noticed both on the tutorial and in Classifying, that there are a number of missing buttons, especially when showing examples of various types of off-center vertices; which until I have more practice at classifying, I'll have trouble distinguishing. Help!

Posted

Sorry, Missing buttons in Windows 7 & Chrome.

Posted

• Space_Cookie by Space_Cookie

It's not just Chrome - it's all browsers. See the reply from andy.haas in my post here:

If they don't change it I won't be able to take part. I get the impression they probably haven't tried using the interface with a small laptop instead of the typical programmer's 21" or bigger monitor.

Posted

Thanks Space Cookie,

Your comment was very helpful; I don't feel as if I were the only one with this problem anymore!.It would be useful to be able to zoom in to get a more accurate count of branches.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @tinkapuppy, as I understand it, the science team wanted to make sure that all classifiers were on an equal playing field--seeing the images at the exact same size, all the time--to result in more accuracy when the data from multiple classifiers is actually reduced and processed. It was an intentional design from the science team not to allow zoom... they want you to work with what you can see; that's what will help the project best! 😃

Posted