Higgs Hunters Talk

love physics, but need more...

• ancient.cosmos by ancient.cosmos

I sure wanted to work on this project, but I need more examples.

I've looked at many examples, done the tutorial over and over. But even in some of your examples, you don't show it marked.

I need examples of both what IS and what ISN'T an ocv.

Got contradictoy info on an image on your blog that further convinced me I don't know what you're asking me for (other than by name). You showed an image with 28 clicks. In the caption you praised everyone for being BANG ON with all of those clicks. And yet of the many crossed lines that had been clicked (cyan dots), only two crossings were indicated as being "truth" (yellow dots).

So do you want those other cyan-dotted type crossings clicked?

If so, why weren't they marked as "truth" with a yellow dot?

But if not, why were they praised?

I'm going to stop trying unless or until I get a good answer. And hopefully lots more examples with correctly marked AND NOT MARKED lines.

Posted

• ancient.cosmos by ancient.cosmos

Anyone?

Here's a link to the blog post:

https://blog.higgshunters.org/2016/05/30/vertex-finding-successes/

Scroll down to the third image which is actually labeled image two (slice view).

28 cyan vertex clicks - praised. (Note: The 28 does NOT include things like the "weird" clicks.)

Yet only 2 yellow truth vertices.

Here is what is said right below that image:

"Saving the best for last: a more complicated image, with a few ‘stray’ tracks complicating things. However, when combined the 28 clicks from 7 people form clusters bang on the simulated decay points!....It’s great to see you all doing such a good job at finding these OCVs...."

Posted