Higgs Hunters Talk

Changing the view?

• pczerner by pczerner

All I seem to see is what looks like the slice view (?), a rectangle with parallel lines inside, looking like a cross-section. How do you get to see the head-one view, and the head-on zoomed in?

Posted

• andy.haas by andy.haas scientist in response to pczerner's comment.

You get a view of an event at random. Just classify the current view and you'll go to a random view of the next event. Other users will at some point see each view of an event. You can see all the views in the "talk".

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe in response to andy.haas's comment.

Hi,

This is something I am perplexed about. Why not allow the user to see both views before marking as it would hopefully avoid pointless markings (I must have done many) and only realised it when I have gone to the talk area which I rarely do unless something strikes me as unusual.

Could this be a consideration for an updated interface because I hate marking something only to see afterward that it was completely wrong. I realise it may be restricted due to screen space but if the other view was shown as in talk that magnifies it could help to get more accurate markings on the main view to be marked before submitting it.

Paul

Posted

• undefined by undefined

Hey Paul,

take a look at the FAQ. They wrote there why they dont give us more views while classifying

http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/boards/BHH0000001/discussions/DHH00000np

[quote]
    Q: Can we get zoom/extra views? - A: No. There is a reason for this that the scientists have thought about. Basically, to make sure all classifications are based on the one view that they present to us, to level the playing field.
    [/quote]

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe in response to undefined's comment.

Thanks for that and I am still perplexed.

It's a good job I am not a conspiracy theorist (Definitely not) or I would say it was a Physiological analytical test for human interpretation without seeing the whole picture. Perhaps they will expand on the reasoning after a while.

Paul

Posted