Higgs Hunters Talk

Objects on Talk now marked as simulations

• DZM by DZM admin

Just a small improvement that I've had implemented in Higgs Hunters:

Simulations are now clearly marked as so on their Talk pages with a green "SIMULATION" tag, like here:

http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/subjects/AHH0000alz

Hope this clears things up for people when they're looking at objects on Talk. Let me know if you like it!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Tx Darren ! Much appreciated ! This will save us lots of confusion ! 😄

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77

Yes, I have been hoping for this feature for a while

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77

I just looked through my Interesting multi-ocv events collection CHHS0000cc and it turned out that half of them were simulations. Real events like this seem to be very rare.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to davidbundy77's comment.

My apologies. This should have been implemented from the very start. But now we know!

Posted

• andy.haas by andy.haas scientist

I'm not sure the labels are always accurate though. For instance, this one
    http://talk.higgshunters.org/#/subjects/AHH00000im
    is clearly simulated, but is not marked "simulation".

Posted

• davidbundy77 by davidbundy77 in response to andy.haas's comment.

Really! How can you tell? It is not at all clear to me

Posted

• andy.haas by andy.haas scientist

Combination of my finely-tuned scientist eye, and the secret url we have which gives me the original filename of the image. 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Erk. Okay, thanks for letting me know, and thanks for providing the example.

I'll take this back to the dev who implemented the fix and see why that one didn't get the tag; hopefully that will help us ID others that also didn't get the tag when they should have.

Thanks!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

So, an update: It would appear that the problem is that this particular object is not being marked as a simulation anywhere, i.e., it's marked: metadata.data_type = "not_sim"

@andy.hass , are we 100% sure that this is a sim? Just want to be 100% sure before I set off all the alarms!

If so, then this is definitely concerning, as it suggests there may be more live objects that are simulations which are not being marked as such. We're looking into it!

Posted

• mwwm by mwwm

I've seen a couple more this morning that looked like simulations that were not marked as such. Didn't record them; only just read this thread.

Posted

• andy.haas by andy.haas scientist in response to DZM's comment.

I'm sure. I can tell from the true filename. And also look at the metadata:
    "image_metadata":[{"name":"simulated_data/atlantisRZzoom_110177000_000488.png" ...

It is in the simulated_data folder... 😃

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Okay, this should now be fixed. Thanks for the keen-eyed spotting!

Please let me know if you find any more sims that are not properly marked both in the interface and in Talk. 😃

Posted