Higgs Hunters Talk

Question about relevance of lines

• doylle by doylle

Hi,

in this image there are allot of lines that start ofcenter and cut through eachother. Are these in any way significant? None of them look like a collision, except maybe for the two lines pointing at 4 o'clock. When i see lines like this I usually don't mark any, but i just want to double check that's the right thing to do...

/J

Posted

• HMB6EQUJ5 by HMB6EQUJ5

i'd go with several white ocv's on this one, personally ..clearer on slice view 😃 best wishes doylle

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I wouldn't mark anything in here, but hey that is just me (and you , doylle ! 😄 )

Posted

• Mark_..._a_physicist_of_sorts by Mark_..._a_physicist_of_sorts

I seem to be making this hard on myself - I would have marked 9. Should I stop?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Whatever you do, don't stop! There's a reason that we have so many people look at each image... different opinions and different classifications are useful to the scientists!

Posted

• LeeReiswig by LeeReiswig

I think we can do better than that. We're looking for something specific - off center vertex's. That's more than off center crossing lines. Its an origin of two or more lines from the same point. The complication is sometimes the computer algorithm that plots the lines draws "backward tracks" that are not there. That looks like crossing lines to us. Its difficult to discern what a backward track is. A correlation between the slice and normal view is helpful but missing that I don't think we've been given much to go on.

Posted